COVID 19 EMERGENCY MEASURES
We are living through a crisis, the likes of which none of us has experienced before and the community spirit that exists on our allotments is as important as ever. Please remember to look out for one another during these very difficult times. Members should take the following precautionary measures:
- Access to allotment holders only
- Allotment holders should keep to their plots
- Keep sanitiser or soap on your plot and wash hands regularly
- Keep allotment gate open to reduce need for handling
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- Do not share tools
- Observe "Social Distancing" with each other; 2-3 metres
- Summer house and any communal facilities must not be used
- Stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
- If you display any symptoms of coronavirus stay at home and self-isolate for at least 14 days or until symptoms have passed
- If you are self isolating because a household member is ill with Corona virus you should not be visiting the site.
We would like to ask for everyone's cooperation with adhering to the emergency measures. You may have seen a notice at the allotments already, this information supersedes that with the added proviso that 'if you are self isolating because a household member is ill with Corona virus you should not be visiting the site'.
(NB/ The notice at the allotments will be changed asap to reflect this).
If you have any problems with visiting the site, because of self-isolation and would like some assistance, please get in touch with Nicky Russell (email@example.com) who will be coordinating this. Nicky is one of the Parish Councillors and helps to coordinate the allotments, she also has an allotment on the site.
Further details on the current situation and allotment rules etc can be found on the Allotment Society Website - see: https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information/
About the Allotments
Brimscombe & Thrupp Parish Council own the Thrupp Lane Allotments. There are currently 55 Allotments and 4 Grazing Plots. If you are interested in an allotment, please contact the Parish Clerk for further information or complete the Application Form below and forward to the Clerk.