Are you vaccinated?
It's really important to stop the spread of COVID-19. Please make sure you get your vaccinations.
Coronavirus Covid19 Testing
An important part of minimise and manage any future spread of Covid-19 is the speed at which people can be tested and isolation measures put in place, should an outbreak occur.
Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 can have a test.
To book a test or for more information on testing, go to the NHS website or call 119.
Social Distancing Guidelines
Hands, Face, Space
- Wash your hands
- Wear a face mask in shops, public buildings and enclosed spaces
- If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people wherever possible
- Work from home if you can
- Follow the Rule of Six - only socialise in groups of 6 or less
- In pubs and restaurants: If you are seated - you may remove your mask to eat or drink. When standing or moving around, you must wear a mask
Remember: you can spread the virus even if you don't have symptoms.
Wash Your Hands with Soap or 70% Alcohol cleaner : The Coronavirus is a tiny ball of RNA genetic information, wrapped in a coat of protein held together with fat. To destroy the virus, you need to break it up by removing the fat, and the best way to do this is hot soapy water. Any soap will work, even dishwashing liquid is fine. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also good, but need to have a high alcohol content to be effective.
If you are concerned for yourself, family, friends or neighbours please see the link below for guidance from Government and the NHS https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
You may also find the following helpful: Stroud District Facebook group that has been set up to provide credible fact-checked information and links to local hubs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/stroudcorona/
Getting Help in the Parish
We are gathering all the useful information we can to help you stay safe in the current outbreak. Please check this section regularly for updates.
Parish phone helpline/Email
The Brimscombe and Thrupp Parish Council has organised an Email and phone helpline that is staffed by volunteers 10.30-12.30 every weekday and covered by answerphone the rest of the time. Please use it to:
- To find-out about other services being offered.
- Ask for some additional support for yourself or a neighbour
- To be put in contact with your neighbourhood network coordinator
- To volunteer your services
- If you just need to talk
Tel: 01453 367980
The most valuable contribution we can all make is to look out for our neighbours, friends and family. Groups are being formed of around 10-20 households who are in contact with each other and know if anyone needs particular assistance at a particular time, such as shopping or a reassuring phone call, each with a volunteer coordinator. If you would like to know if a group covers your area, or would like to help start one, please contact Jo Robbins 07834802940 or email@example.com
More Help and Advice
- Gloucestershire Community Help Hub
- Help and Services for Carers
- Home Delivery Services
- Support for Children and Families
- Age UK - Support for Older People
- Guarding Mental Health during the Pandemic
- GRCC Community Wellbeing Service
- Clean Slate - Financial and Employment Help
- COVID-19, Domestic Abuse, and our Community
- Business Support Grants
- Helping our Waste Crews
- Be Aware: Consider Your Neighbours
- Be Aware: Loan Sharks
- Be Aware: Alcohol Demotivator
- Be Aware: Garden Fires