What is a defibrillator?
A defibrillator, sometimes known as an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a small electronic device designed to allow minimally trained people to provide lifesaving defibrillation (electric shock to the heart) to victims of sudden cardiac arrest. The device analyses and looks for shockable heart rhythm, advises the rescuer of the need for defibrillation and delivers a shock if needed. A defibrillator applies a brief pulse of electrical current allowing the heart's normal electrical system to resume normal control. (Please note that a 100% success rate cannot be guaranteed, but this could be the casualty's best and only chance of survival).
What are CPADs?
CPADs are cabinets located on the outside wall of a building so that the AED inside can be accessible 24/7 to anyone in the vicinity who requires it. It means more people could benefit from the presence of your device and more lives could be saved. The cabinets have a key code lock and the code is accessed by calling 999 which means the device re-mains secure.
Defibrillator locations in Brimscombe and Thrupp
- Unit 15, Griffin Mill, London Road, Thrupp, STROUD, GL5 2AZ
Defibrillator Location: The defibrillator machine is on the approach to main bar entrance.
- Kingfisher Business Park, London Road, Stroud, GL5 2BY
The Ship Inn
Defibrillator Location: The Defibrillator is located on the wall on the side of the pub
- The Ship, Brimscombe GL5 2QN
Defibrillators in the Local Area
- Crown and Sceptre, 98 Horns Road, Stroud, GL5 1EG
- HSBC, King Street, Stroud
- Midcounties Co-operative Food, Slad Road, Stroud
- The Door Youth Project at the top of the High Street, Stroud
- The Cotswold Playhouse in Parliament Street, Stroud
- The Cotswold Canal Trust visitors' centre in Wallbridge, Stroud
- Southfield Care Home, OSCT, Park Road, Stroud, GL5 2JQ
- Methodist Church, Midway, Chalford, GL6 8EN
- Chalford Community Stores, High Street, Chalford Valley GL6 8DJ
- Chalford Sports and Social Club, Highfield Way, Chalford GL6 8LZ
- Bell Inn, Enderley House, Bell Lane, Selsley, GL5 5JY
- Box Village Hall, Box, GL6 9HE
- Chalford Parish Council, 50 Geralds Way, Chalford, GL6 9HE
- Miserden Parish Council, Telephone Box opp Carpenters Arms, Miserden, GL6 7JA
- Nailsworth Tesco, Old Market, Nailsworth, GL6 0DU
- Oakridge Kim's Shop, Post Office, Oakridge Lynch, GL6 7NZ
- Butchers Arms, Sheepscombe, GL6 7RH
- The Woolpack Inn, Slad, GL6 7QA
- Randwick Hall, Chapel Fields, Randwick, GL6 6HS
- Wyatt House (OSJCT), Matthews Way, Paganhill, GL5 4EE
- Minchinhampton public toilets, Bell Lane, Minchinhampton
- Oldends Park, Stonehouse, GL10 2DG
- The Elms, Stonehouse, GL10 2NP
- outside Eastcombe Stores, at the top of the green in the centre of Eastcombe,
- Tesco Express, 35 Tanglewood Way, Bussage GL6 8DE (opening hours only)