Gloucestershire's Community Help Hub
This is an on-line hub that is trying to connect those that need help and individuals, organisations and businesses able to provide help. You can register your details and the aim is to match those supplying and needing support. Contact https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/gloucestershires-community-help-hub/
Government advice direct to your WhatsAppThe new free to use service aims to provide official, trustworthy and timely information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), and will further reduce the burden on NHS services. This will help combat the spread of coronavirus misinformation in the UK, as well as helping ensure people stay home, protect the NHS and save lives. The GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service is an automated 'chatbot' service which will allow the British public to get answers to the most common questions about coronavirus direct from government.
The service will provide information on topics such as coronavirus prevention and symptoms, the latest number of cases in the UK, advice on staying at home, travel advice and myth busting.The service will also allow the government to send messages to all opted-in users if required.
To use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp, simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word 'hi' in a WhatsApp message to get started.A set of menu options is then presented which the user can choose from and then be sent relevant guidance from GOV.UK pages as well as links to GOV.UK for further information.
- People can now register to the county's community help hub by calling 01452 583519 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm, as well as online at gloucestershire.gov.uk/helphub
- Please follow the national advice rearing staying at home unless its absolutely necessary to go out for reason set out in the guidance – this will help manage the spread of Covid-19 and support the NHS and care sector to cope
- If you are a business and need advice and support, please go to the Government's dedicated web pages
- Please take time to look after your mental health – make sure you are keeping your mind and body active
- Remember to keep up the good hand washing and to catch sneezes and coughs in a tissue.
- A dedicated phone line and email address has been set up to help parents with all school related enquiries, including questions relating to Free School Meals. Tel: 01452 426015. Email COVIDSchoolenquiries@gloucestershire.gov.uk