Job vacancy: Temporary Assistant Clerk
Applications are invited for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Temporary Assistant Clerk to Brimscombe and Thrupp Parish Council. This is a varied and exciting position suiting an applicant with a positive attitude and a desire to train and develop. The job is more than just desk work as the successful applicant will be encouraged to be innovative and to enjoy working within the community. The successful candidate will be expected to assist the clerk with duties to include:
- To arrange, publicise, and attend Council Meetings including preparation of agendas and preparing minutes.
- To attend to administrative tasks including maintaining paper and electronic files, Facebook, the Parish Council website, annual review of all parish policies, preparing reports to Council, dealing with correspondence and enquiries and overseeing the maintenance of assets.
- To maintain and report the Parish Council's finances and assist in preparation of accounts for annual audit.
- To advise and support Councillors including research required to progress projects.
- To work with the community of Brimscombe and Thrupp and to help organise events.
Local Government experience is desirable but not essential. Support and training in all aspects of the job will be offered. A high degree of computer literacy and excellent communication skills are essential.
Hours: 8 hours per week, worked flexibly with evening meetings and very occasional weekend work. Work pattern to be determined with the Clerk
Location: Office of Brimscombe and Thrupp Parish Council (West Suite, Port Mill), some home working will also be possible. Attendance at some meetings and other visits to Brimscombe and Thrupp are required. A laptop will be provided.
Salary Scale: SCP 18 – 23 (£27,344 - £30,151) depending on experience (per annum pro rata based on a 37-hour working week)
Contract type: Temporary (6 months fixed term), with possibility of extension
Responsible to: Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Application process: Applications by CV and covering letter (not exceeding 2 pages) explaining how you meet the person specification and why you are well suited to the role emailed to the Clerk at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23.59 on Sunday 23rd April 2023
Successful applicants will be contacted on or after Friday 28th April 2023
Interviews are expected to take place on: Thursday 4th May 2023
Start date: As soon as possible
Posted: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 12:03 by Clerk