Annual Parish Assembly
Residents are warmly invited to the Annual Parish Assembly of Brimscombe & Thrupp, on Monday 29th May 2023 at 6.00pm at the West Suite, Port Mill, Brimscombe, GL5 2QQ (see direction details below).
What is the Annual Parish Assembly?
- The purpose of the Annual Parish Assembly is to give the Parish Council, and other local organisations, an opportunity to let local residents know what they have been doing over the past year.
- The meeting is also an opportunity for electors to have a say on anything they consider valuable to the people of the Parish.
- As the Annual Parish Meeting is not a parish council meeting it is not conducted in the same way or governed by the same rules as a parish council meeting.
- Members of the public are permitted to make statements on relevant matters during the meeting. As such, any registered elector may ask a question of the Council, or make a suggestion and comment on anything pertinent to the residents of the Parish. This is welcomed and is the whole purpose of the meeting.
- The length of the meeting is dependent on the number of electors present, the number of questions asked and the discussion that is raised (although generally the meeting will not last longer than one hour).
- Minutes of the proceedings will be taken and the Council will consider any suggestions made, however, any resolutions passed at the meeting do not bind the Parish Council, and would need to be considered at a future Parish Council meeting.
- The meeting is hosted by the Parish Council and refreshments will be served. Any questions please email the Clerk at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEETING LOCATION: Parish Council meetings take place in The West Suite, Port Mill, Brimscombe, GL5 2QQ. This is the listed building on the port. To access The West Suite, turn off the main London Road (A419) and onto Brimscombe Hill, then take the second turning on the left (where the old Grace Network, Furniture Bank, Long Table, Kids Stuff and Food Bank buildings were located). Go to the end of the car park and the West Suite is the section of building on the left hand side. There is a door to access the building there - please just come in if you are joining the meeting.
Posted: Wed, 17 May 2023 11:15 by Clerk